Chicago O’Hare Airport Market
With O’Hare International Airport at its center, this phenomenal submarket contains one of the largest concentrations of industrial properties in the nation. O’Hare is the world’s busiest airport serving more than 70 million passengers and handling more than 2 million tons of cargo annually. This well-established, land-constrained location is expected to appreciate at a rapid pace with the ongoing expansion of O’Hare Airport, completion of the Elgin-O’Hare Expressway Western Access Project and the recent legalization of recreational marijuana in Illinois. Industry experts project the value of industrial properties will soar as they did in Colorado following legalization. Freeman Myre believes that the O’Hare industrial submarket will continue to be one of the most stable areas with low vacancy rates and a lack of new industrial development long into the future. As such, the company is actively pursuing opportunities for investors in the O’Hare submarket, since this outstanding location cannot be duplicated.
Denver’s Northwest Technology Center
It’s impossible to miss the dynamic spirit of creativity and innovation in the US-36 Corridor, that stretches northwest from Denver to Boulder. Since 1990, Andrew Freeman has played a major role in the region’s thriving CRE market that includes Boulder, Longmont, Lafayette, Louisville and Broomfield.
Nationally recognized as the “Silicon Valley of the Rockies,” the US- 36 Corridor is the intersection of several thriving communities in Boulder and Broomfield Counties. Housing hundreds of tech startups and established companies alike—with unmatched access to a talent pool of 45,000 students at the University of Colorado Boulder—the Northwest Denver market is experiencing rapid expansion with no end in sight. In response to this rising demand, Freeman Myre is continuing to offer high net worth investors unique opportunities tailored to their investment objectives.
Freeman Myre’s investment and management philosophy is based on five guiding principles, including:
- The best way to maximize quality and cost efficiency is to take a hands-on approach to all aspects of management. All key management services are provided in house, including property, project and asset management.
I. Fully Integrated Management
- We focus on the fundamentals when analyzing an asset for acquisition. This means we underwrite assets based on their actual cash flow rather than relying on speculative market-based appreciation to hit a target investment return. This conservative approach allows us to keep risk very low and still achieve generous returns.
II. Cash-Flow is King
- We target opportunities where we can use our expertise and market acumen to create a significant increment of value in an initial short-term period. Once the property is stabilized, we hold it and continue to grow the operating income. When market conditions provide an opportunity for a substantial return, only then do we consider selling the asset.
- Our basic underwriting criteria is to stabilize at or below replacement cost, at an 8% to 9% capitalization rate based on historical average to below market rental rates. Growth in the industrial sector should continue to thrive as the market for retail changes from bricks and mortar to online sales. We continue to focus on opportunities in both Boulder, Colorado and Chicago, Illinois.
IV. Long Term Conservative Hold
- Every component of our management and decision-making is structured to promote and protect the best interests of our investment partners. This approach is consistently reflected in our commitment to excellent communication with our investors on current market conditions, building operations, and partnership financials.